Beachy Mimi's Beauty Musings (BMBM)

PhotobucketThe Queen B has QBBQ which is informative and fun. Beachy Mimi decided to have BMBM which will neither be informative or important, but maybe a little fun.....a little.

I am all about daydreaming and incidental things that are not important or vital to life. But, who doesn't like to daydream sometimes (you know you do).

The Queen is protesting to the BMBM, but what else could I call it? Queen Mothers Musing Quietly? Beachy Mimi Musing Beauty? Somehow that just doesn't have the same impact.

So, here's the question. If you were stranded on a deserted island (don't tell me you haven't thought about it) and you had your Bible, a notepad and pen, plus all the food, water, M&M's, etc. you could possibly want........and you knew you would be picked up in the future.......but not when......what ONE beauty essential would you have with you? It can be a product or an applicance. But just one.

OKAY! I know this is ridiculous, but it's my Fanatasy Island and I can make my own rules.

Mine is easy. Waxing. COULDN'T. LIVE. WITHOUT. IT. I started to say tweezers, but that just didn't cover legs, underarms.......gross........but you see what I'm talking about.

COME ON.....you can play.......it will just take a second........

20 comments:

Alicia said...

I would have to say my chapstick. I can't live without my chapsticks. I have about 10 of them. I must always have one within reach.

Queen B said...

I would like to refuse to play because of the name.

But then I'd look like a bad sport.

Deodorant Soap. I wanted to say just deodorant. Because body odor is a sin. But then I feel like all of my body will need cleansing. So I'm going with a good smelling deodorant soap.

Please change the name.

Jeni said...

I'll second Queen B and say deodorant soap, something like Dial
Gold. If you smell clean, you can get away with a lot, beauty-wise.

Anonymous said...

I would have to have some kind of lip goo. It wouldn't matter what kind, carmex, whatever, just something.

Rebecca said...

It would have to 100% be my blistex!! If I don't have one in close proximity (I have them all over the house and several in my handbag) I start to chew on my lips.
It's all bad.

Tammy said...

Wow, Mimi, narrowing it down to one item is just tough. But since I am stranded alone, I take it, I'll leave the toothpaste and deodorant behind and grab the Gold Bond Ultimate Lotion since my skin would look like a hairy lizard after a couple of days, because, I too, chose to leave the razor behind!

Mim said...

Gotta have my Burt's Bee Lip Balm.

Amy said...

I'm going to have to go w/ the deoderant soap as well, b/c a stinky, grimy Amy is not a happy Amy.

DND said...

You can have your soap and lip balm, I must have face lotion. I prefer Olay daily anti-wrinkle lotion with spf 15 or higher. I'm a very very pale girl and I would burn to a crisp.

Anonymous said...

Sun screen....I can't take another sun (age) spot on this body!

Melissa Stover said...

shaving under my arms is pretty important to me but i could not live without my carmex. could not. i have nightmares about being stranded without it. but i don't consider it a beauty product, more of a health/ addiction product.

Robin said...

I would go with the tweezers..It is a must in this menopausal state I live in !

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

I'm goin' with Mimi on this one...gotta have my wax! There are just too many places with too much hair.

Upward Falling Autumn said...

Shampoo! I feel gross when my hair is dirty. So I'd pick a shampoo/condition combo and use it to bathe too :) Sneaky sneaky!

Misslisslee said...

Carmex. Definitely. If I stink, but my lips don't hurt, I think I could live with that. ;-)

Unknown said...

I really need a razor! I can dip in the water and get clean, right? I can't stand hairy legs. ICK!

Christy said...

Mine is an essential - chapstick. Not glamorous but absolutely essential.

Loving Our Homeschool said...

Hmmm...usually I saw eye liner to this type of question b/c I don't think of chapstick as make-up. It's an ESSENTIAL. So I guess my answer would be chapstick.

And I would hope that I was either alone so that only I would be smelling myself (I think I could actually live with that) or that the person with me brought soap. LOL

Heather

The Buntens said...

I have actually thought about this many times. Really.

It is a serious toss up between my tweezers or lipgloss.

Since I am on a desert island, I would suspect I need the lipgloss or some sort of lip stuff instead of the tweezers.

So,yes, something for my lips.

Jen said...

Eye cream, possibly vaseline. I say vaseline because it can do so much -- moisturize, take off your eye makeup, serve as lip gloss, etc.

The more things I think about vaseline, the more I think it's the thing I couldn't do without. A&D Ointment -- the kind you buy for your baby's bottom when you have babies -- is also good and works about the same as vaseline. I had this big jar of it for years and used it on my face long after my babies were grown up.