Peeps, it is time for me to go. sniff sniff
I can't believe a month has passed already! We'll be heading out early in the morning to go back to real life. Fantasy life is much more fun.
However, PeepOne and I have already made plans to be back here in one month. Can you believe it!!! We're changing beach locations, but we're going to be sand babies, again.
Remember, I'm on my Neverending Vacation even if I am not traveling.
Stay tuned and I'll see you Monday!!!!!
I thought that this might be a good time to tell you a few little known facts about The Queen B.
Several have asked me to "spill the beans" and I live to accomodate!!!
1. Queen B was a preemie. The doctor told us she wasn't going to make it and "boom", our church prayed and God granted us our very own miracle. She also made history as the first preemie to be on a respirator.
2. She is a cookie monster. The girl loves her cookies. She always has homemade cookies made and/or baking at her house. Always.
3. B used to be a "worrier". She has been seeking God's help in this for some time now and it is amazing how this has changed. Amazing.
4. B get the "dialies" as soon as she gets in the car. Yep, she whips out that cell phone and starts making calls. It could be that it is the only time she is sitting down to make calls and she is multi-tasking. It could be...
5. Queen B loved elementary school.
6. Queen B hated high school.
7. Queen B didn't think much of college, either. Every August, since she graduated, she drives through the college campus and laughs this maniacal laugh because she doesn't have to be there. It's pretty funny. EVERY August. I like to be there when she does it.
8. Queen B has ALWAYS been a Queen. From birth. No princess phase. Straight to Queen. I blame her grandparents.
9. QB has a degree in marketing and she is a whiz. She could make a gazillion dollars working for the public, but she chooses to stay home and be a Mother. I am so proud!!!!!
10. She became a Christian when she was 10 years old. We were living in Texas. It was one of the biggest days of my life.
11. She dated some of the WORST guys in high school. They were so bad, her Dad and I thought she might be practicing to be a social worker. It was BAD.
12. B is also a neatness/cleaner person. Notice I didn't say FREAK. She makes us eat on her floors. JUST KIDDING!!!
13. She has black hair. She tries to make it brown. Go figure.
14. Her favorite doll was "LA LA". She still has her. I don't THINK she sleeps with her but I haven't been to her house in a month.........
15. B is an amazing daughter. Hysterically funny. Really, really funny. When we are together we are SO bad. We make up songs and stuff. It's very shameful!!
16. She has this thing for "Sonic" and diet Pepsi. She has one going all the time.
17. Queen B does NOT like bling. Where did I go wrong? I love bling. The Princess loves bling. PU loves bling. NOT. THE. QUEEN. Nada. Not. No Way. Those cute shoes I got her? Too much bling.
18. Favorite store? Anthropologie. Favorite vacation? Florida. Favorite shoes? flip flops. Favorite color? Who knows. Today it might be green.
19. Well, Queen B. I have spilled only a part of your beans. Nothing too bad. I hope you have a wonderful birthday. You could send ME flowers for giving birth to you. I pushed HARD for 11 minutes. HARD.
20. It's not really her birthday. I'm just trying to throw people off. Heh Heh.
But hey, B, you could still send me flowers.........
I am all about daydreaming and incidental things that are not important or vital to life. But, who doesn't like to daydream sometimes (you know you do).
The Queen is protesting to the BMBM, but what else could I call it? Queen Mothers Musing Quietly? Beachy Mimi Musing Beauty? Somehow that just doesn't have the same impact.
So, here's the question. If you were stranded on a deserted island (don't tell me you haven't thought about it) and you had your Bible, a notepad and pen, plus all the food, water, M&M's, etc. you could possibly want........and you knew you would be picked up in the future.......but not when......what ONE beauty essential would you have with you? It can be a product or an applicance. But just one.
OKAY! I know this is ridiculous, but it's my Fanatasy Island and I can make my own rules.
Mine is easy. Waxing. COULDN'T. LIVE. WITHOUT. IT. I started to say tweezers, but that just didn't cover legs, underarms.......gross........but you see what I'm talking about.
COME ON.....you can play.......it will just take a second........
When I travel, a favorite thing for me is getting my haircut somewhere. I know. Crazy isn't it.
In Dallas, there is an invisible string that just pulls me into Toni and Guy.
I will insert that I don't have a complicated haircut. Short and spiky. It's pretty hard to mess up.
I have been known to do crazy things to my hair on a trip. I came home 10 years ago from Nashville........a blonde. Platinum. Because when I do something I am obsessive. (and maybe a little compulsive). Ramon colored my hair and bleached the tarbabies out of it. It was awful but I loved the change.
Over the years I have mellowed the color to a "natural" (heh heh) sun-streaked look and it is much better.
BE PATIENT I am getting to my point.
This desire to do an OOT (out of town) cut has been a source of distress for me, also. It's the whole hairdresser thing. For years I went to unknowns because when I went OOT I wouldn't have a relationship with the hairdresser and therefore hurt their feelings.
The only problem.....after awhile you DO develop a relationship.
It has caused me to change salons on several occasions because of THE GUILT.
But not guilty enough to stop doing it.
For the last year, I have tried to change my strategy and go to someone I knew, someone just starting out that could get me in pretty much whenever I wanted. She's a doll. I love her.
I'd die before I hurt her feelings.
I told her I have this OOT quirk and she assured me she would not get her feelings hurt should I ever choose to get a cut while traveling.
THE GUILT. It kills me.
SO,.....today the Parental Unit and I were out looking at stuff and we decided to check out some bling in a store. We had fun trying on stuff but my nails were a mess and I was so embarassed.
This might be a good time to tell you that my hair is too long, flat, limp and saltwater-weary. I am in total vacation mode with no make-up, either. I look like a SERIOUS candidate for an emergency makeover.
The store man heard me discussing mani/pedi and hair issues with Parental Unit and butted in
to suggest a salon. You know it is bad when a complete stranger suggests a salon to you. I'm just saying.....
The creeping up of OOT desire started building. I have been fighting it all day. I have an appointment as soon as I get home to see my precious hairdresser so I can't use that as an excuse. I just don't want to hurt her feelings. The longer I sit here, the flatter and limper (?) my hair gets.
That invisible string is tugging.
But, THE GUILT, it is killing me.
On the mani/pedi I don't feel that way. I go to the same woman all the time and she hugs me and worries about the fact that I have no boyfriend (seriously). When I told her I was going on vacation for a month, she said, "You go with boyfriend?" I told her no, I was going with Parental Unit. She clucked her tongue, shook her head and patted my hand (like in sympathy).
But, I don't have THE GUILT factor with her. There is basically no relationship other than nailperson/client.
I can get my fingers and toes done with no remorse.
The hair? Not so much.
I'm just going to have to tough it out. It's THE GUILT.
Am I the only one with hairdresser issues. Probably. It figures.....
That was so much fun!!!! Thanks to everyone who participated or dropped by.
There seemed to me much concern that Queen B was not eligible to win the prize and she might not receive her fair share of coin from Beachy Mimi. Could that be because she was whining.....???
TRUST ME!! Queen B gets plenty of goodies from Beachy House. As a matter of fact, I went shopping and found these for The Queen. Well, they are up there and I don't know how to bring them down here. Oh well. AREN'T THEY CUTE!!!!! You'll have to go over there and tell her what a lucky, lucky girl she is and get me some Mom cred......
WHAT? WHAT'S THAT? Winner? Oh!!! You want to know the WINNER of the Beachy Mimi Target giveaway? Oh, okay. I see. Just a minute.......
AND THE WINNER IS :
Congratulations and enjoy your Target shopping spree!!!!
Well, Peeps, I've got another giveaway next week a to celebrate the end of May at Beachy House in Florida, which also means I'll be returning home for a time before the next vacation.
You'll have to come back to see what it is......
For now, Beachy Mimi is outta here!!
not to fear. I've got a GIVEAWAY to save the day.
All you have to do is:
1. Tell me your favorite Christian song---Mine is "In Christ Alone" by Michael English
2. Tell me your favorite Christian artist--Mine is "Phillips, Craig and Dean"
Isn't that easy? Leave me some way to contact you. The contest ends with my post to announce the winner on Monday night, Memorial Day 2008.
Drumroll...............the giveaway is.........A $200.00 GIFTCARD TO TARGET. I KNOW!!!!
Have a great Memorial Day!!
I've never done one. Here goes.....
Favorite person outside family? Friends of Beachy Mimi-Peepone
Favorite food? French fries
Quirks about you? Obsessive plucking
How would the person that loves you most describe you in 10 words or less? Sweet, funny, crazy, weird, obsessive, compulsive, sleepy, pig-lover, coca-cola lover, relaxed
Any regrets in life? No
Favorite Charity/Cause? March of Dimes
Favorite Blog Recently? The Princess and Her Pets
Something you can't get enough of? Sleep
Worst job you've ever had? Wal-Mart checker
What job would you pay not to have? Cafeteria worker
If you could be a fly on the wall, where? Ex-husband's wedding
Guilty pleasure? Blue Bell Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
Got any confessions? Not for you
If you had to spend $1000 on yourself, how would you spend it? Spa
Favorite scripture? Jer 29:11
Favorite thing about your house? The size
Least favorite thing about your house? The size
Name one thing you are bad at? Math
Name one thing you are good at? Laughter
If you could change your circumstances? Nope
Who would you like to meet in the future? My new husband
What makes you feel sexy? Lingerie
Hardest part of your job? Mornings
When are you most relaxed? Reading
What can you not live without? Jesus
Why do you blog? I'm wondering........
What stresses you? Extended family gatherings
I've been pretending to be a blogger and sending e-mails to my friends so I could say "peeps" and stuff. My spawn, The Queen B, decided that was ridiculous and I might as well do the real thing. (You might know me as The Queen Mother.)
Like you care.
Anyway, now you are a part of my neverending vacation....my new quest to be on a vacation of some nature 365 days a year.
Even if it is just in my mind.
This first segment is the Florida coast for the month of May.
I'll give you the scoop later, but for now? I GOT TO SAY INTERPEEPS!
Sometimes that's all you need.