ONE OF MY FAVORITE STOPS

If I had to pick a favorite...I don't think I could do it. The land and people are so vast and varied...I enjoyed it all.

This visit would have to be in the top three.



This is the town!



The gas pump.



Inside shots of the general store.






The post office is on the right of this shot. (above)





These people are wonderful. They are Mr. Wonderful's late wife's sister and brother-in-law. That was a totally uncorrect sentence. Anyway, they welcomed me with love and open arms and I had so much fun! They are hilarious and we laughed the whole weekend. The woman teaches in a local school and the man is a farmer and furniture maker. I love them!




Burgular bars are even more needed on farms, which could be 40 minutes to get to another farm to help the people. The robbers come in truckloads, and the farmers have to be able to lock-down and defend themselves until help arrives.





The guys are waiting for the sun to go down so they can so their favorite thing, braai (cookout).



More about our fun weekend tomorrow! I've much more to show you. Keep reading!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I love you sharing your trip with us!