Pack A Bag...cont.

Well, Mr. Wonderful had big plans for us.

All by himself, he set up and made arrangements for a surprise birthday/anniversary palooza as a surprise to me.

HOW HE PLANNED IT TO WORK:

He was going to get me to the airport without telling me anything.  After arriving there he was going to walk from gate to gate until departure time so I still would not have any idea where we were going.  That's so cute.

HOW IT REALLY WENT:

We got to our small local airport to make a connecting flight to DFW.  He did not take into consideration that the ticket person would say, "You are connected all the way through to Anchorage."  He was so disappointed at being busted.

BUT, ME?

OH MY GOODNESS!   ANCHORAGE?    SERIOUSLY?

I was thrilled.  Of all the places I was imagining, Alaska never entered my mind.

I can't wait to tell you about it.  What a fabulous trip.

It goes right up there with South Africa for beauty.

It was COLD.    For us at least.    Coming from 90 degrees to 40 degrees was a shocker.  On a couple of days it was 60, and some of the Alaskans had on flip-flops and shorts.

I have been known to wear flip-flops in the Fall, but just the thought that it was Alaska with some snow did not seem like flip-flop weather.

I'll show you some of my bad photography tomorrow, Peeps.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Fuschia said...

I have family in Kodiak and have always wanted to go! Sooo beautiful. And the seafood? YUM!!

Looking forward to the pics. :)