Happy Birthday, Princess

Eleven years ago today, the doctor assisted me in delivering you...what? what do you mean HE delivered you. I was right there. He WAS trying to push me out of the way, but Mimi has very sharp elbows and I was holding my own.

If that old bull moose nurse had not interfered, we'd had it made.

I had a camera.

Maybe someday, when you are 50 or so, your mother will let you watch. Mimi TOOK HIM DOWN. Not so much the bull moose nurse.

SHE whisked you away. I just wanted to touch your little hand. Spoilsport.

For the past eleven years, it has been my delight...my joy...to be with you.

Your mom is the icing on my cake. You are my sparkly candle. I love you. Mimster.

15 comments:

Theresa said...

Happy Birthday Princess.

Someday when I become a grandmother I'll most likely have the same story to tell. In the meantime I'm gonna work on my elbowing moves.

Queen B said...

No one will ever see that video. You got A LITTLE CLOSE with the camera...

Robin said...

There is something so special about these girl granddaughters..I am still laughing about the birthday post. Oh, how I have been there too..I have shopped for days to find that perfect revenge outfit..I did not have as good of luck as you..

Pattik said...

PeepOne here. The Princess is
such a joy! She is so much fun!
I know she loves her Mimster!!

Nicole said...

I love how Mimis love their grandbabies. You two are so blessed to have each other!

RR Mama said...

I bet if you bride Queen B she just might show the Princess the video. Well maybe after she has children of her own some day. You are one fantastic Mimi!

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

"Your mom is the icing on my cake. You are my sparkly candle."
How awesome to be someone's icing or sparkly cnadle!!
What a great Mimi you are.

Happy Grand-birthday ;)

Tammy said...

Happy eleven years of being a fabulous Mimi.

"you got a LITTLE CLOSE with the camera..." Ha ha ha. I did the same thing when taping for someone else. I had NO idea and they realized it long after the hospital stay. Oops! :-)

Jules from "The Roost" said...

I am sure ya'll are in full celebration mode :) Have a ball!

Anonymous said...

That is so perfectly sweet and funny, all at the same time. :)

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

Happy Birthday to Princess. And I totally agree there is nothing like a sparkly candle in our lives. I know, I have 3 of them :)

Heather said...

How SWEET!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post, humor and all! You are a great grandmother. And spunky too!

Hope Princess' birthdayis the best ever!

Jackie said...

The Princess is so blessed to have a Beachy Mimi like you.

Wendi said...

Happy Birthday to the Princess!
I just know that you are the best grandmother.
Happy Celebrating!