Whine, Whine and Whine

Well, Beachy Mimi is still sick. My voice sounds like a squeaky...something.

I did go to the real doctor today, not Queen B's Health Educator from WalMart.

The sickness was NOT in the budget for the month. Especially the MEDICATIONS. Oh my, I had 4 prescriptions than ran about $400. With insurance.

Just the usual stuff. High powered antibiotic, cough syrup and the stuff to take after the antibiotic does the itchy thing. It rhymes with BEAST INFECTION. And, if I may say so, is a beast. Though that is actually the most important RX and it was just $3. Something is just WRONG that medicines cost so much. It makes me sick!!..hahahaha

Sickbed humor.

The Parental Unit said she would come take care of me...She walked in the door, poured a can of Rotel in the soup I was making, and left. Time nursing--10 seconds.
I guess with the Rotel I can add stomach problems to my chest problems.

Actually, this soup is pretty good and hearty when you are well.

Beachy Mimi's Sick Soup

2 cans Progresso Minestrone Soup
2 lbs. fried ground beef
2 cans pinto beans
2 cans Rotel

Fry meat, mix together for 30 minutes or so and eat. It is really better the second day.

Anyway, as the weather gets cooler here this soup just hits the spot...if you aren't having an intestinal issue. Which, I'm not, so PU's contribution was welcome.

A nurse...she isn't. It was always get better or die at our house growing up.

Now that I have my own home I don't have anyone to take advantage of and make them bring me Sonic cokes and stuff. Bummer.

Queen B...your mommy is calling...help.

She's ignoring me. She is sick, herself. In fact, she got a shot in the hiney this morning and now she is disgustingly better. And not coming near my germs.

If we lived in the same town I would so totally milk this situation.

Instead I have PU, who took Nursing (minus) -101.

I've been checking out blogs while I am here in the sickbed and I am finding something alarming. ALARMING, YA'LL.

Most everyone seems to have the Bloggy Blues. Several of my Precious Peeps are quitting.

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO! Please don't go. You may think your posts are not interesting, but they ARE. People in the sickbed DEPEND on your bloggy goodness.

Take a walk around the block, go to Sonic, clean out a closet...JUST DON'T LEAVE.
We all have days (like today) when nothing much seems interesting or blogworthy, but it IS.

Trust me on this. Some of us HAVE to live vicariously through your blogisms, MEMEs, awards, photos, contests, recipes, tips, recommendations...you see? YOU ARE NEEDED!

Besides, don't you secretly love your comments and statcounter? HUH? Come on. Admit it. You check. Some of you check OFTEN. Just to see if you matter to at least one person.

Well, you matter. Don't quit. There's bloggy material all over the place. MIL, SIL, neighbors, PU's, bald guys, kids, hubs, the weather...lots of stuff and it is ALL GOOD.

If I can't milk a family member for more attention, it will have to be my Peeps!

With the miracle $400 antiobiotic, I will probably be naturally blonde and weigh 50lbs less by morning.

Stay tuned.

28 comments:

Jenny said...

I hope you feel better!

(I wanted to wait to comment until I was not the first one...you know after someone else thought of something more creative to say.)

Sending happy thoughts your way!

fortyb4forty said...

Feel better soon. Sorry your are feeling so badly. If I lived close I'd bring you something from Sonic.

Anonymous said...

I so laughed at QB's WalMart episode (and read it aloud to my daughter who works at Walgreens and they are gonna get those little clinics soon!) We laughed and laughed. I'm glad your experience was better. With the REAL doctor!

I too hope all your bloggy friends keep blogging because I love to read them. It also motivates me to write more often when I realize how disappointed I am when I go to a blog and there's nothing new! I think I only have about three people reading mine, but I'd hate to disappoint them!

Get well soon!!!!

Susan said...

I hope you feel better really soon! I had the stomach bug this week and being sick is the pits!
I might have to try that soup.

Queen B said...

Yeah. Sorry about that. I would so scoot something to your door if I could. And then I would run like the wind.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're sick...and broke...hope you feel better soon!
PS maybe now's the time to invite the nosy neighbor over to share a little of what you've got...just sayin'.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm in the same boat. Did it really cost $400??? Seriously? Sheesh.

I need someone to make me some soup, too. But nobody's gonna do that for me, I'm afraid.

I hope you get better soon, and that you don't get the itchy thing.

Amy said...

I could drop something on the porch and run...if you want me to! I hope you are better soon!

Anonymous said...

You are funny even when you are sick!

Lisa said...

I hope you are feeling better soon, and the Beast stays away!

Pattik said...

PeepOne here. I am sorry you
are so sick. I need to bring meals on wheels! I am coming your
way tomorrow. You will have
Sonic!! I promise!

Dawn said...

I've been sick, too, but after reading the Queen's post I decided to go to the doctor. He confirmed that I was sick (ya know, 'cause I'd have never guessed that) and that it was viral. In other words, no meds - go home. He did say he'd call a prescription in if I felt worse in 24 hrs. Well, I did and he did. So, I'm praying for a miracle by morning because I am NOT a good patient and do NOT like to be ill.

Wish you lived closer. I have hot apple cider I'd share. We could watch tv with a box of tissues between us.

Hope you're better soon!!!

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Sorry you are still sick. Hopefully you will be on the mend soon. Does Sonic deliver? :)

Jackie said...

So sorry...being sick is no fun, especially when it throws a wrench into the budget.

The bloggy blues are DEFINITELY going around. It makes me feel a little bit better that I'm not the only one who has contemplated shutting everything down...I'm hoping it will pass soon...

Joan said...

Hope you are feeling better. I know what you mean on the blogger front, so many are "taking breaks". BTW If I lived in your town, I'd bring you a Sonic Coke. Get better soon, and God Bless

Jen said...

I hope that the $400 medications takes care of whatever is wrong!

I have a blog, it's not interesting at all, but you can read it if you want to. No one else does though! :)

RR Mama said...

I hope you feel better soon. Don't worry we aren't going any where and I hope you don't either. I love reading your stories!

Lindsay said...

Ouch.. I am sorry you dont feel good! I hope you get better soon.. if it helps any I am watching 2 18month olds today.... and its raining. its going to be a long day. That soup sounds super easy and super yummy!

Anonymous said...

pI have the same thing Queen B has and the shot does work wonders! I just wanted to thank you for the gift card. I bought new bedding from Target and LOVE it! I then went to sonic and had a drink to toast you! Hope you feel better soon.
Michelle from NWA

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

Okaaaaaaay! I'll stick around...sheesh, just stop whining ;)

You know I kid! About the whining, not the sticking around.

But I am still in Time-Out :(

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

Oooops, meant to add: FEEL BETTER SOON!xoxo

Unknown said...

Sending you virtual chicken soup (for when your PU soup runs out). Feel better soon.

I was just on Queen B's blog. I'll tell you like I told her. You two need to start a comedy tour! Y'all crack me up!

jean said...

I hate the Beast Infection. It is a nasty, nasty thing. I hope you feel better soon!

Unknown said...

I hope you feel better soon. You are always so full of positive words. Even when you are sick and blue. I am sorry your medicine was so much money! That's CRAZY!

Theresa said...

I actually have a can of Rotel...I once read on a blog that Rotel is a must in every good wife's pantry. That was over a year ago and I still have not used it because I didn't know what to do with it until now....thanks!

Hope you feel better soon. I'm sending you over some of my famous virtual matzah ball soup...it cures everything.

Heather said...

Yikes. That is ridiculous on the medicine. They make it for pennies and charge us hundreds.

Your sick soup sounds good. I am guessing it isn't recommended for the stomach flu.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well -- but glad to hear you saw a "real" doctor! ;) Take care!

Wendi said...

So sorry you have been sick.
Hope you are feeling better now.
Happy Sunday night!!!