One Day to Give


KRISTEN at We Are THAT Family is hosting a ONE DAY TO GIVE challenge to the blogworld.

Basically, as a Peep you reach out to someone and do something for them without expecting some kind of return for yourself.

I had the perfect thing. I won't go in to the big details, but God gave me the opportunity to donate some computer lab stuff for a Christian school in my area.

As a former teacher and a computer illiterate, I thought this would be something the children could start in the upper elementary to get some of the basics under their belts by the time they get to high school. This is a fairly new school so they don't have lots of infrastructure yet.

This is nothing that I did or should get credit for. I simply passed on a blessing I received from God to some little kids who could really benefit from a computer lab.

This has made me realize that I shouldn't wait for a special occasion to do this. I should make myself available ALL the time. So, I'm going to be more deliberate with giving from now on. Maybe once a month do something specific for someone else...and it doesn't have to involve money.

So, I'm challenging you, Peeps! Pass on some grace and love to someone else this weekend. YOUR blessing will be tremendous

7 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow! What an amazing gift for this school. I feel the same way about giving more often. Our family is going to put it on the calendar and do something once a month! Thanks for sharing.

Tammy said...

You have such a kind heart Mimi and I'm sure the kids and the teachers more than appreciated your generosity.

Hope you are feeling better too. Me and the kids had some Sonic for ya' today!

Heather said...

This is wonderful. You are wonderful.

Wifeof1Momof4 said...

Great idea. Once a month! God WILL give you the opportunities ...

What a wonderful gift you gave.

Amy said...

That is so great, Mimi! And I'm thankful for the challenge...you are right, we should do things to help others anytime!

Pattik said...

PeepOne here. You are the most
giving person I know. The joy
you recieve is so pure. You will
have many stars in your crown.
Hugs to you.

jean said...

What a wonderful thing to do for the kids. Don't you love the feeling that "giving" gives you? I do. It's what makes it fun. I will try to do it more often now - thanks for the reminder.